What is Snakebite Piercing?
Snakebite Piercing is a pair of piercing on the lower lip on its either side. The piercing got its name from its resemblance to snake bite or fangs. This form of piercing is not only unusual but looks trendy and incredibly hot. Not only girls but guys also find this piercing rocking. It gives a mysterious look highlighting the facial symmetry and natural beauty of the lips. Emma Neelay is a famous name who has the snake bites piercing.
Snakebite lip piercing
The procedure For Snakebite Piercing
Select a salon which has a license in all types of oral piercings. The expert piercer will perform the following tasks during the process of piercing:
- Sterilize the piercing equipment before use.
- Clean the area to be punched.
- Numb the area to reduce the piercing pain.
- Mark an appropriate place for piercing using a marker or pen.
- Take a hollow needle and carefully make the perforation.
- Insert the ring or stud in the piercing.
- Clean the area off the blood if seepage occurs.
The most common risk is that of infection and tooth or gum damage. The wrong size of jewelry can easily scrap teeth or cause gum scratching. Rejection and scarring are also possible risks associated with these kinds of piercings. This can even cause ulcers in the mouth and hinder oral hygiene. Hence it is essential to observe proper aftercare.
Snakebite Piercing Pain
Snake bites pain rates 5/10 on a piercing pain scale. Lip piercings are less painful as compared to other facial piercings. However double puncture will evidently hurt more. The piercing is quite easy, but it can cause a bit of discomfort later due to swelling up of the lip. It also depends on a person’s health, pain perception and mood during the process.
Pictures of Snakebite Piercings
The healing period for snake bite piercing can be anywhere between 6 to 8 weeks which may extend to 6 to 12 months. During the healing period, swelling or tenderness is common. Healing can take more time if it gets an infection whereas the time can cut short if aftercare is appropriate.Piercing Snake BitesSnake Bite Piercing
Aftercare: Do’s & Don’ts
- Maintain oral hygiene. Rinse mouth every time after meals.
- Use a soft toothbrush and gently brush your teeth.
- Take a balanced diet and proper sleep; it will strengthen the immune system making the healing faster.
- Put a small ice cube in the mouth to reduce swelling.
- Clean the area regularly using cotton soaked in saline water or H2O Ocean.
- Use clean towels and handkerchiefs to wipe the mouth.
- Avoid intake of spicy or sticky food. Do not consume liquor and other hard drinks as well.
- Do not try to change the jewelry till the piercing heals completely.
- Avoid going swimming or bathing in bathtubs as there are chances of infection because these places harbor bacteria.
- Do not touch the piercings with dirty hands.
- Avoid oral contact as it can trigger the jewelry and stretch the piercings.
Infection: Symptoms & Cure
- Excessive swelling
- Redness or discoloration in the area.
- Pus discharge
- Intolerable pain
- Itching and Irritation
- Clean the wound regularly off the pus.
- Do not remove the jewelry or it will clog the piercing hole.
- Consult a physician for medical help and care.
- Follow the prescription for the stipulated time.
- Dab the area with a warm saline solution as it inhibits the bacterial growth and hence checks the infection from spreading.
Jewelry: Snakebite piercing
Snakebite piercings look cool with studs and rings, or a combination of both. A pretty hoop can also enhance the look and make a unique appeal. The labret is a common jewelry option to wear on any lip piercing.
The metal of the ornament should be such that it does not rust and create complications. It should be skin friendly and less reactive. Gold, titanium, surgical steel, and niobium are some excellent choices.
Snake bite tongue rings
Cost: Snakebites piercing
Snakebite piercing can cost around $50 to $80. The price can increase with the selection of jewelry, its material and piercing parlor.
Post navigationLabret Piercing or Bottom Lip Piercing Snake Eyes Piercing or Horizontal Tongue Piercing
Ten articles before and after