Jewelry made of brass, and brass is cheap. It is often used to make jewelry. Fistly, technicians engaged in jewelry use brass to make relatively large-scale conceptual jewelry.
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF BRASS JEWELRY
Personalized Fantasy Copper Bracelet, Lovely Simple and Generous Bracelet, Minimalist Bracelet, Women’s Bracelet
Personalized Fantasy Brass Bracelet
Lovely Simple and Generous Bracelet, Minimalist Bracelet, Women’s Bracelet
It is cheaper and easy to process. Many people use brass to make large-scale conceptual jewelry, especially the casting process.
A large amount of metal is convenient for casting large jewelry. And after some anti-oxidation treatment, the gloss remains pretty good. The most commonly used brass in making jewelry is to make mending. For example, when we add 925 silver, a certain amount of brass and pure silver melts.
Many people are allergic to it. So, most studs or earrings are made of pure silver instead of brass.
That is to say, jewelry production materials are generally divided into three categories. They are metal materials, non-metal materials, and various synthetic materials.
- Metal materials
- non-metal materials
- Various synthetic materials
1. METAL MATERIALS:
In the production of jewelry, the most commonly used precious metal materials are gold, silver, platinum, and their alloys.
The main alloys are 18K gold, 14K gold, 12K gold, and 9K gold.
925 silver is a household name.
Moreover, platinum 900(labeled Pt900) and Platinum 950(labeled Pt950) are best known. But, now the platinum 990(labeled Pt990) is also starting to appear on the market.
2. NON-METALLIC MATERIALS:
|(1) Pure copper|
|(2) Copper alloy|
|(3) Copper-based alloys|
Non-precious metal materials related to jewelry production mainly refer to simple substances or alloys such as copper, zinc, aluminum, lead, and nickel. The most common are copper and zinc. The copper used in jewelry production is mainly pure copper and copper alloys.
(1) Pure copper ( electrolytic copper, oxygen-free copper): specific gravity 8.96, melting point 1083°C. Also hardness slightly higher than gold and silver. Easy to oxidize and sulfide. Good ductility and plasticity, suitable as a base material for jewelry.
(2) Copper alloy: The common copper material for jewelry is copper alloy. Commonly used ones are: copper (15% zinc), brass (15-45% zinc), bronze (5-20% tin).
(3) Copper-based alloys: For example, in recent years, some copper-based alloys have appeared in China’s Jiangsu and Zhejiang areas, as well as in Shanghai, China. Some of their color and corrosion resistance are close to K gold materials, and they are promising imitation gold jewelry materials. It is rare gold or sub-gold, and the color mark is KF.
3. VARIOUS ARTIFICIAL SYNTHETIC MATERIALS:
For instance, synthetic glass, gum, plastic, etc.
CLEANING OF BRASS JEWELRY
Brass Leaf Branch Ring
Brass Leaf Branch Ring, Colorful Leaf Ring, Rhinestone Leaf Ring
Copper is difficult to clean after oxidation. Generally rub with toner, washing with water. After cleaning, waxing is required. If the oxidation of brass jewelry is serious, the toner may not be able to clean. Any more, you need to use potassium permanganate. Procedure and front same. After wiping, be sure to wax after cleaning. Otherwise, it will oxidize again. Moreover, it is best to use paraffin wax when waxing. Apply a layer evenly on the surface of the article. Waxing is similar to polishing. There are two requirements: one is uniform, and the other is to be thin to ensure that the surface of the article is no longer in contact with the outside air. What’s more at the same time, feel Less than a thick layer of grease is enough.